SHARING FISH WITH NEIGHBORS WHO LOVE TO FISH BUT ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO FISH

 Submitted by Shirley Logan, Cole Camp, MO

My husband loves to fish.  He shares them with those who also love fish but are unable to get out and get some, mostly the elderly.  We had a 98 year old neighbor who lived alone and she also loved fish.  Now fish is kind of a mess to cook and clean up after, especially for one person.  So when I would fix fish for my family I would fix fish for her first.  When I continued to finish preparing our meal my husband would take the hot meal including sides to her.  She loved it!!

After she passed we decided to find someone else to share our meal with.  Again, we knew a elderly lady that lived alone and also loved fish.  We had known her for many years.  The first time we shared our fish meal with her she was so happy.  We continued this until she passed away.  At her funeral all of her children and some other family members thanked us repeatedly for doing that.  She loved it and it made her as happy as it made us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS

BIRTHDAY PARTY IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD