PUZZLED

 

Puzzled to Pieces


My neighbor, "RT," has delivered meals and desserts to my house many times during the past few years as my mother's health declined and before and after her Celebration of Life in April 2024. She joined family and friends at the service and continues looking for ways to reach out. She has taken me out for dinner and listens patiently. 

One day, she invited me indoors to show her puzzle collection. She was hoping to find more of a particular variety. FINALLY, something I could do for her! I went online, searched, and ordered a "FEW" puzzle. They've been delivered, and I'd like to join her during the winter months to work on a few with her. 

A friend and I put this one together BEFORE I gave it to RT. It has been a long time since I've pieced a puzzle together. It was very relaxing and led to conversations and storytelling. I'm looking forward to spending time with my neighbor. Puzzling slows you down and allows you to relax and concentrate, which is good for your brain and body. The best outcome is spending time with my neighbor of 20 years. I am so thankful for her friendship and kindness. 💙




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS

CHILDHOOD NEIGHBOR, LIFELONG FRIEND - THE VALUE OF NEIGHBORING