MY PARENTS HAVE BEEN THE RECIPIENTS OF DELIGHTFUL MESSAGES FROM NEIGHBORS, submitted by Susan D, St. Charles, MO

 

So thankful for Missouri Extension embracing the Engaged Neighbor Program.  My elderly parents have been the recipients of  several unanticipated but delightful messages on their front doorstep punctuated by the recent “Won’t You Be My Neighbor” day message this week.

My parents are thrilled, and my sister and I am thrilled.  To receive unexpected grace from essentially a stranger is a beautiful gesture. And to have them receive such generosity from neighbors when they themselves cannot easily reach out is a blessing.  If the goal of this project is to enhance the lives and communities of the citizens of Missouri, then I would say unequivocally “yes” that this project is doing that for my family and can only imagine that it’s doing the same for others. – Susan D., resident of St. Charles, MO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS

BIRTHDAY PARTY IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD